1200 East Tremont Street
The "new" Hillsboro Area Hospital became a reality on October 23, 1975, when the 100-bed facility was dedicated. The "old" Hospital oringally opened its doors on February 22, 1915 on School Street and that building was subsequently torn down. Local communities raised funds for the "new" hospital. All industries, most professions and businesses, social, fraternal and civic organizations and individuals from all walks of life participated. Together, they met the financial requirements to complete the $2,355,000 project designed by HBE Architects.
In 1989 the Douglas-Telfer Outpatient clinic and adjacent physician's office buildings were opened on the hospital's campus. The clinic bulding was dedicated to two local families of physicians who dedicated their lives to serving others. The outpatient clinic building serves as offices for specialists, houses the Hillsboro Child Community Center daycare and provides classroom space for Lincoln Land Community College and Hillsboro High School health careers programming. Heartland Home Care occupies another office building on campus.
In 2003, Tremont Ridge Assisted Living opened its doors. Tremont Ridge's mission is to provide a home-like environemtn that promotes aging in place. The Special Care Cottage for dementia residents was opened in 2005. Hillsboro Area Health Foundation and local communities came together again to help raise funds to support construction of this beautiful facility. Architechs were Hart-Freeland-Roberts and Fuller Brothers Construction was the general contractor.
1250 East Tremont Street
Hillsboro Medical Center (HMC) was founded by Dr. Robert Mulch, specialist in Family Medicine, and his wife, Dr. Barbara Mulch, Internal Medicine specialist, on July 1, 1980. After nearly nine years in private medical practice, they and the other physicians and staff of HMC merged with Springfield Clinic in May of 1989.
Since that time, Springfield Clinic Hillsboro has expanded, creating their own satellite office in Raymond, Illinois. Their Hillsboro facility hosts several Springfield-based specialists who participate in the Specialty Outreach Program.
The physicians of Springfield Clinic Hillsboro have been strong advocates for innovation in health care and have taken active roles in Springfield Clinic's implementation of technology. Springfield Clinic Hillsboro served as the pilot site for the clinic's nationally recognized Electronic Health Record (EHR) implementation and the alpha test site for Allscript's Patient Kiosk project.